Friday, May 27, 2011

Charlotte's Web for Carlie and Feminism (or Friendship)


 I am going to use EBSCOhost, a database resource, in order to find a connection between Charlotte's Web and feminism.

EBSCO Databases.  Provides full-text for over 1,250 academic journals, and full-text articles can be found back to January 1990.  Over half the journals are peer-reviewed.

First, I have to tell you that the first hit, when I searched '"Charlotte's Web" and femin*,' was "'Charlotte's web': reading Jane Eyre over time."  I thought that was pretty ironic.
Then, I searched for '"Charlotte's Web" and wom*.'  I found an article about how a woman used the internet to form positive relationships.  This article was called, ""Charlotte’s Web:" How One Woman Weaves Positive Relationships on the Net."

Here is the citation for the source:
Biggs, S. "Charlotte's Web: How One Woman Weaves Positive Relationships 
     on the Net." CyberPsychology & Behavior 3.4 (2000)Print.

 The article describes a woman's journey making friends while on the internet, discussing how it changed her relationship with herself and others.

I know Carlie is focusing on the aspect of friendship for Charlotte's Web.  I thought this was a good connection between her book and friendship in the digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment