Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ReverbNation

This is one of my favorite new sites.  Musicians are able to get their music out there for other people to listen to, comment on, and attend shows.  Like the tagline on their ReverbNation’s website says, “The best tools for musicians and the best music for everyone else.”

I have discovered many artists from my hometown area and from Provo, Utah, where I attend school at Brigham Young University.  The benefit of doing this is finding local shows for these artists that you can attend.  I discovered this site when my friend, Jesse Jones-Blair, an aspiring musician, sent me an invitation to become a fan of his page.  I soon began exploring other artists have even downloaded some of their songs that are available.  I am also planning on attending a free show of two local artists here in Provo next weekend.

   
                                                   












One of my favorite local artists is Nik Day.  He has a style similar to Michael Buble, Jason Mraz, and John Mayer.  Below is a music video of one of his songs called, “How Could Life Get Any Better.”


I really enjoy this site for its possibilities for music exploration and discovery.  If you have any interest in music whatsoever, I recommend this site to you.  There is music for everyone, including the music of one of my favorite pianists, George Winston.

1 comment:

  1. Good website! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could บาคาร่า be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete